Olive is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
Olive is the UK’s largest provider of cloud-based communication solutions. It partners with multiple best-of-breed unified communications suppliers to provide world-class products and services to many UK-based customers across multiple industries.
How to contact us
Olive Communications Limited,
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name and contact details including billing address, installation address, delivery address, phone location,
- Your use of products and services, including but not limited to phone numbers, your use of products and Services including but not limited to phone numbers and/or email addresses of calls, texts, MMS, emails and other communications made and received by you and the date, duration, time and cost of such communications, your searching, browsing history (including web sites you visit) and location data, internet PC location for broadband;
- Information about how you how you manage your conduct with us;
- Information about how you use services provided by us;
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file – it’s saved onto your computer or other device when you visit our website.
Cookies store small pieces of information. For example – they will remember you’ve visited our website or performed a certain action.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- Olive’s company website e.g. uploading CV’s when applying for a career opportunity at Olive
- phone conversations with us which may also be recorded;
- emails or letters you send to us;
- CV’s/resumé documents you have sent to Olive employees as part of a career referral
- registering for one of our events e.g. unified communications events or webinars;
- participating in research surveys to help us understand you better and improve our products and services;
- Olive’s online services such as websites, social media and mobile device application (‘Apps’);
- CCTV recordings;
- Credit reference agencies;
- fraud prevention agencies; and
- business directories and other commercially or publically available sources.
business directories and other commercially or publically available sources.
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- you have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about products and services offered by Olive and / or selected third parties we have chosen to work with which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you
- it’s necessary to provide the product or service you have
- it’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations
- it’s in the legitimate interests of Olive e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best product or service
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have – or are allowed to collect and use from others – about you. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we offer you now or in the future. We use automated decisions in the following ways:
- Tailoring products and services e.g. placing you in groups with similar customers to make decisions about the products and services we may offer you to help meet your need
- When designing and enhancing our online services to help meet your requirements for ongoing guidance and support
Who we may share your information with:
- our partners, agents and subcontractors (including prospective partners, agents and subcontractors) who are involved in the delivery of providing products or services used or ordered by you;
- to other companies in the Olive Group, including their respective partners, agents and sub-contractors (including prospective partners, agents and subcontractors);
- to credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
- to insurance underwriters and administrators (“Insurance Providers”) where you choose to take an insurance policy through us;
- to other communications companies;
- to any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- to third parties for checking details of job applicants and employees;
- to third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information;
- where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Olive to new or prospective owners of Olive. In these circumstances, we would require them to keep it confidential.
- where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- where we believe it is necessary to protect Olive or third party rights and property; or
- where you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify or suspect fraud.
- where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law;
- in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- during emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
- where the service is moderated; or
- in response to a complaint that that there has been a breach of the services terms & conditions or any other product or service terms of which you have been notified.
Where your information is processed
The information you provide to us may be passed to third parties located outside the European Economic Area. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy. Additional terms and conditions may be presented when signing up for specific products and services.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Olive uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for certain information we hold about you to be deleted or removed provided that there is no a compelling nor legal reason for Olive to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
Right to object
You can object to Olive processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right to ask Olive to:
- give you information about its processing of your personal information
- request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processes
- carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision-making and profiling processes are working as they should.
How to make a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority. Their contact details are:
UK – ICO